If Add2Exchange was working and now it's not, post here.

9/19/2011 9:25:19 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

Fresh Contact Relation - just 415 contacts are synchronized ???

Hello,

I made a Private to Public contact relation (One way sync) and I have an issue :

Only 415 contacts (on 2456) were created in my Public Folder at first sync, and no more since....

How is it possible ????

Rights are good (made with preinstaller).

Maybe a hint : when my customer was in Exchange 2003, he's got A2E with the same sync schema, it was uninstall with the new Exchange 2010 server.

So maybe others contacts are "marked" as already sync with this folder, don't you think so ?

Please need help !!!!

Regards.

Pierre

9/19/2011 10:26:33 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

Re: Fresh Contact Relation - just 415 contacts are synchronized ???

update : try to create a new private contact and it works, contact is synchronized with Public Folder.

And A2E wasn't install in this Exchange 2010 server, it's a fresh new install but Public Folder were migrated from existing Exchange Server.

Regards.

9/19/2011 12:46:52 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 158

need to license the toolbox please and strip the copies -

With the Toolbox you would select inspector general and then surgeon general, pick the public and then select to remove a2E copy = true NP

I will help you if you wish.  If you have the value bundle or previously licensed it, then let's go!

http://support.diditbetter.com/support-request.aspx

Doing it without licensing anything, the Free way, delete the relationships and select to remove destination copies

let run a full sync

it will dereplicate

then export contacts to csv and then back in, and the named properties are gone.

The tools - deals are here: http://support.diditbetter.com/premium-support.aspx

9/19/2011 12:57:23 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 158

The export option is tough - because exporting them will lose pictures and some attachments - better to strip the items right then and there without removing the relationships and desycning.  Also, if you have that folder as part of any destination folder relationships, you do not want to strip the a2e copy = true flag because it will cause the items copied to become originals, causing unwanted duplication.  Call in and ask for me and I will figure out exactly what you want to do for your situation.

9/19/2011 1:30:39 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 158

Yours is a special situation which we had a hand in because you were using our products prior.  We will help solve if you want to under Premier Support.  Call +1 813 977 5739 or open a ticket online.

9/26/2011 10:05:35 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

Hello and thx for your replies,

Sorry for the delay I was out of office for few days...

In wich Timezone are you cause I'm in France (GMT +2) ?

Have to buy Premium support or not ?

Regards.

PeBoyer

10/6/2011 5:31:52 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

Hello,

Any update, my problem stills occur...

Thx

10/6/2011 9:07:50 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 158

yes, did you license the toolbox to strip them?  If you have time today, call us at 813-977-5739 and ask for Tc.

We will remote in and show you the issue.  Are you current with the current build? Use this to update if you are still on free

software updates. http://support.diditbetter.com/kb/a2e_219.aspx before we connect.

10/6/2011 9:50:32 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 5

Hello,

That's my build : 8.5.163.151. Is it the latest version or not ?

So I have to purchase a 250$ Toolbox's License to make that software works ?

Not a good new...

10/6/2011 10:20:14 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 158

No, that is not the current version, so get the new one please.  This won't fix the issue.

As I understand it, you had another product running , or the items were copied in there from a destination, right?

The toolbox is 250 if you are not on Premier Support, and if you are, it is half price.  With Premier Support you can get us to fix this for you and it would take about 30 mins or so and have plenty of time to command our attention moving forward.  It is 4 hours, never expire until you use it for only 399.  There is another option, you CAN do this by yourself, for free, but it is not the best option in my opinion.

You can export the contacts to CSV, and then reimport to a local empty folder, stripping any copy flags, and then copy to the existing (emptied) source folder, but you would have to make sure to set all the relationships to remove destination copies if source items are deleted to avoid duplication.  Your relationships are probably set that way already.  I prefer to do in place stripping because it avoids the potential for data loss, like pictures or attachments and is cleaner.