If this is your first time using Add2Exchange or you are upgrading or migrating, post here.

5/7/2014 9:46:41 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 4

Starting console and get Add2Exchange failed to logon!

I answer yes to the dialog to correct the logon information.  I verify the Service Account: SMTP is set to serviceaccount@mydomain.com, enter the Service Account Password, and verify the Exchange Server is the net bios name of the server.  It still fails.

The Add2Exchange and SQL service are both running and using the service account and password that I used above.

I verified that the service account is showing up in my Outlook address book (on my desktop).  

This is a fresh install on Server 2012 R2 and Exchange 2013.

5/7/2014 9:49:23 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 4

Re: Starting console and get Add2Exchange failed to logon!

Correction: The Add2Exchange service is not running.

5/7/2014 11:11:10 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 8

5/7/2014 11:26:13 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 8

Exchange 2013 Logon Error:  From Guide

If when opening the Add2Exchange Console you get a fail to log in, there are several causes:

• Incorrect password
• Incorrect format of service account:  Must be SMTP email address such as zAdd2Exchange@domain.com
• Server name should be netbios name or name of exchange server dag or cluster

In some environments a new DNS entry must be made for internal autodiscover to resolve this.  Autodiscover may be set up external and Errors such as these in the Add2Exchange Event log will manifest:

Domain/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml: ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED (MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED)

To resolve this failure to log in for 2013, you must add a new Host A record entry in DNS  in the forward lookup zone which points your external www-mail hostname to the internal IP address of the server or load balancer.

5/7/2014 11:46:12 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 4

The password is correct as I can start both A2E and SQL services with the service account and password. .  You can see from the error below the format is correct  and I have the correct server name.

I have an A record for the external mail hostname that point to the mail server.

Log Name:      Add2Exchange

Source:        Add2Exchange
Date:          5/7/2014 6:25:38 AM
Event ID:      5001
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      SRV02.dsc.com
Description:
RDO Logon Session Failed To Get Default Folder for Mailbox 'ZADD2EXCHANGE@MYDOMAIN.COM' for Server 'EXCHSRV' Error: -2147221231 Error in IMAPISession::OpenMsgStore: MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED
Make sure your code runs under the Windows user identity that has MAPI profiles.
When running in a service (including ASP under IIS), set your code to run under
the Windows user account that has MAPI profiles.
When connecting to an Exchange Server, you can also use RDOSession.LogonExchangeMailbox
which does not require an existing profile.
ulVersion: 0
Error: The information store could not be opened.
Component: MAPI 1.0
ulLowLevelError: 0
ulContext: 646 At Line 210

Add2Exchange Console v16.5.1953

5/7/2014 11:56:25 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 8

hidden from GAL? Unhide it

5/7/2014 11:57:02 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 8

I assume you changed the mydomain.com to your real one, right?

5/7/2014 12:51:35 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 4

It's not hidden and it's showing up on my outlook address book.  Yes, I'm using the real domain name not mydomain.com.

I also did the manual configuration because the automatic failed.  When I run the command below in the Exchange management shell I get the warning "Can't remove the access control entry on the object because the  ACE doesn't exist." for all mailbox accounts.

Get-Mailbox -Resultsize Unlimited | Remove-MailboxPermission -User 'zAdd2Exchange' -Deny -InheritanceType 'All' -AccessRights 'FullAccess' -confirm:$false

5/7/2014 1:06:58 PM
Gravatar
Total Posts 8

Do this so we can communicate directly and escalate this: http://support.diditbetter.com/support-request.aspx

7/12/2017 6:09:47 AM
Gravatar
Total Posts 1

Hello,

What was the solution fore this problem. I have the same error.

regards,

Hans