If you have an urgent issue, if you have an issue which can't be resolved through email support or the forums, or if you simply want an expert pair of eyes on the issue, then our Premier Support remote services are for you.
If this is a new install, make sure UAC is off and the server is fully patched from Microsoft update and rebooted. At the scheduled time, Log in as the A2EService Account or A2O service account to the replication server. Open a Browser and go to http://join.diditbetter.com/. Call 813-977-5739 or reply back to your assigned tech.
As a (LESS PREFERRED) alternate method to connect remotely, a Remote Assistance software was included in the downloaded zip file of the product. It is called “Premier Remote Support.exe” and can be downloaded here. Logged in as the A2EService Account to the replication server, cut it from the extracted directory and place it on the desktop. Run it and email/call in for the session number. This technology works in 99% of the time. Finally, if neither method works to connect due to firewall issues, we could connect via https://join.me/. You would run the Basic, and Share, and Orange Go button and it will install software and give a 6 digit code at the top of the screen. Right click that number and send to email address of the technician with whom you are communicating.
Level 2 single sessions through Level 5 Premier Remote Support provides you a scheduled timeframe with one of our support technicians, who remote into your system to work on your issue. Remote support may be for troubleshooting or installation purposes.
With our Level 2 Single Remote Support session, you receive one session up to one hour of remote/phone support services:
Third party product support, migrations, moves/reinstalling on new on-premise server require a Level 5 Premier Support.
- First time, new customer installation (excluding migrations, moves, 'start-overs' which require a Premier Support package)
- Basic configuration and diagnostics check
- Basic troubleshooting of Add2Exchange related functions
- Relationship set up or relationship setting modifications
- Verification of problem resolution
- Up to one hour of remote support services.
Level 5 Premier Remote Support does include:
- Troubleshooting of third-party products
- Exchange Server troubleshooting
- Performance of functions which affect availability of service other than Add2Exchange, such as server reboots
- Add2Exchange configuration beyond what is required to verify functioning (e.g. configuring more relationships than is required to verify sync)
- Migration support
These other services are covered under higher level support services or with one of our DidItBetter Premier Support packages. Please contact us at 813-977-5739 (USA) or 001-813-977-5739 (Intl) for available options and pricing.
Before Your Appointment
There are a number of steps to be taken by users in order to prepare for a Remote Support or Remote Installation Session from DidItBetter Software Support Agents.
Verify Remote Support Application compatibility
Our remote support application requires the ability to make outbound (from you) connections on port 5500. If you have a firewall, you will need to test connectivity prior to your appointment time. If your firewall needs to be configured to allow outbound access, create an exception for TCP and UDP access to IP 126.96.36.199 port 5500 and ports 5900-5901 (standard VNC ports).
In most but not all cases, DidItBetter also supports connectivity through your own solution such as Webex, LogMeIn, etc. It is, however, strongly recommended that the DidItBetter Support application be used whenever possible as it contains tools relied upon by many of our procedures.
Set expectations with End-Users
In general, there is a significant possibility that we will need to make end-user visible changes to the contents of synchronized folders. If we are performing normal upgrades, there is usually no visible interruption in synchronization. If we are performing a major version upgrade, such as A2E Standard version 2 or 3 to the current, there is typically a period of several hours where the entire contents of folders which are the destinations of relationships become unavailable to end-users. Server reboots are not typically required, provided you have performed Microsoft updates prior to the support session. However, be sure to identify the next available window for maintenance should a reboot turn out to be necessary.
Verify minimum prerequisites
Make sure you meet all of the requirements for your DidItBetter Software product. Be especially aware of disk space and service pack level requirements.
Check and apply Microsoft updates
DidItBetter Software certifies its software on the latest available Microsoft updates at the time of release.* Make sure you have the latest updates for the most reliable experience. Only end users with valid software assurance in place are eligible for updates and upgrades to the newest build for their licensed edition. *Note: If your licensed edition has been retired, please contact us for your crossgrade options. If you are an Add2Exchange Standard edition licensee, please ask for your Add2Exchange Enterprise crossgrade options. If you are an Add2Exchange licensee who migrated to Office 365/hosted Exchange, ask for your Add2Outlook options.
Updates which require a reboot and have been applied without yet rebooting the system must have the reboot completed prior to the appointment time.
Download applicable DidItBetter Software updates
Check the Downloads section at http://support.DidItBetter.com/downloads.aspx for the latest version the day before your appointment. DidItBetter Software reserves the right to reschedule your appointment if you do not have the latest version downloaded beforehand due to potentially long download times. Downloads Area
Do a routine backup of all affected data.
Initiating Your Appointment
- For those on Premier Support, sessions are held by appointment during our normal business hours. Once you open a ticket online and request a session, we will reach out to you to schedule a session. At your scheduled time, call in to 813-977-5739 and ask for the support technician assigned to your case. We make every effort to keep scheduled appointments but please keep in mind some sessions run longer than expected so your session may be delayed and your technician may email you to reschedule.
- Download and run our remote support application: Download Remote Support Application
- Double-click on the ID provided by your support technician
Note: You may need to add this site to your "Trusted Sites" in Internet Explorer in order to download the application.
- In Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites and add the site. Note that it does not require https prefix.